Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

When I tell people that I am trying to lose weight they assume I am doing a"diet", but what exactly is a diet?  Is dieting when you eat hardly anything, or when you do weight watchers, or slim-fast meal plans? 

The dictionary says: DIET (noun): such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight: No pie for me, I'm on a diet.

I personally don't like the word diet, but the dictionary definition sounds like what I am doing.  But I feel that what I am doing is beyond dieting, I am more focused on a lifestyle change versus a diet because I plan on continuing to eat healthy and limited my food intake for the rest of my life.  I don't want to go back to eating crap that my body doesn't like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment