Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bodymedia Review

I've only been using my bodymedia for little over a week now, so I will have another review in a few months. But my friends and family continue to ask me about it, so I thought I would share my opinion so far.  

Pros:
  • It provides you with calories burned even when you are sleeping, this allows me to know how much I can eat during the day or need to workout in order to loose weight.
  • During a workout I can view how many calories I burned versus what the machine said...the machine is always wrong.
  • You can track your food consumed on the website or you can enter just calories consumed if you use another website or app. to track that information.
  • The website is easy to use and allows you to track your weight loss, and you can view how well you sleep at night (I was surprised on my results).
  • It counts your steps taken and physical activity.
  • I am able to view my progress on the bodymedia app., which motivates me to do more to reach my calories burned goal.
  • The website has a tool that will help you determine how many calories you should consume for weight loss.
Cons:
  • You have to wear it all the time to get the best results.
  • The app. on your phone doesn't always work, it has a lot of bugs that need fixed.
  • The website has limited information for food, I prefer the app. MyFitnessPal because it's easy to use and has more food options.
  • It doesn't count your steps taken accurately.
Overall I would recommend the bodymedia to anyone who needs help with weight loss.  I've learned a lot about my body from the bodymedia and it's a great motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment