Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One Month Gluten Free

I started my gluten free lifestyle change one month ago. It seems like it was just last week that I said I was going gluten free, I can't believe a month has already passed by. I must say that I won't be eating gluten again for a very long time. My husband and I tried a small amount of gluten last week and it was awful...it was a huge eye opener...and I never want to experience that pain again. We first started this change because of my husband but we have slowly figured out that I was the one that really needed this change. I've had stomach issues for years and over the last month they have disappeared. I no longer have stomach issues unless I eat gluten...so even though I was skeptical of this whole thing, I am now thankful. I am thankful that I can eat foods and not worry about what it's going to do to me an hour later.

I've spoke to some people about this and they asked me if myself or my husband went to the doctor before gluten free and the answer is...no. Because doctors still don't have a clear understanding to gluten, I found that it would be a waste of time for me. I'd rather try something and see how it works, and for me it worked out great. But I'm sure this isn't the case for all...if you have stomach issues it could be something else, so try eliminating different things one at a time to see how it affects you. Some people have issues with sugar, wheat, dairy, etc....just don't get stuck in the "fad" and do it because everyone else is doing it. I hate when people do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment