Monday, June 4, 2012

Team Sports

Oh team sports....probably one of my best workouts is playing on a co-ed softball team with my Fiancee and some of his friends.  It truly is a blast and an awesome workout.  So yesterday we had a softball game and I was a little nervous about it.  Due to rain outs and holidays we haven't played in a month.  This means I was a little rusty...and so was everyone else.  We made sure to arrive early to the field to warm up, if only we had a chance to warm up our batting swing...My first two at bats were a little rusty I made it one the first hit but the pitcher caught my line drive that if he would have missed it would have seriously injured him....it was heading for his knee caps.  We ended up winning the game which was great and my future parent-in-laws even showed up for the game.  It was a blast but I sure did feel out of shape running around those basis.  I workout a lot, but running around bases and after balls use your whole body.  It doesn't matter how often I run on my treadmill or around the block, none of that compares to the full sprint I am running after I hit the ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment