Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our First Hike This Year

We decided to do a 3 mile hike at the Flaming Geyser State Park, which is located in the Enumclaw area.  Although the hike was shorter than I wanted it turned out to be really nice for the most part.  Unfortunately on the way I must have brushed against some type of bad plant because within minutes I had itchy bumps on my arm and leg...we aren't sure which plant caused it, but I didn't let it stop me.  I know for next time to put some itch cream in my camelbak because the itching got BAD!  I would recommend this trail for beginners, but know that the trail is overgrown so you will touching all sorts of plants.  It's along a river so you can bring a fishing pole and fish and hike and if you aren't into hiking.  They have LOTS of picnic areas that you can use, it's the perfect spot for exercise and food!  


No comments:

Post a Comment