Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12k Training

Because my wedding is arriving fast than I thought, less than 9 months away, it's time to get back on the diet train and lose those final pounds.  I want to lose 10-15 lbs before September 1st. To help me reach my goal I have signed up for a 12k and signed my fiancee up as well as a Christmas gift :) This will be his first 12k so I want to ensure that we are training together. This is the first time I have done a 12k with a newbie so I want to make sure that we do this together so that he will want to do more of them.  I've done some research online and found that this training program fits us so let's hope it works. 


Training Program
Monday - 3 miles walking/jogging/running (after a few weeks, 2 miles running/jogging, 1 mile walking/jogging)

Tuesday – REST DAY

Wednesday – 4 miles walking/jogging/running (after a few weeks, 3 miles running/jogging, 1 mile walking/jogging)

Thursday – Yoga or light activity (taking the dog for long walk)

Friday – REST DAY

Saturday – 5 Mile Run (maintain a comfortable, conversational pace)

Sunday – REST DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment