Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gluten Free Hiking Food

As I prepare for our overnight hike I have to take into consideration that I cannot eat a lot of the same foods as others.  And I don't think it's fair to prevent them from eating  gluten when it's my stomach that's the problem....so I've decided to come up with some alternatives for myself that are simple and easy to make ahead of time before you leave on your hiking/camping trip.  The best part is that they are simple to make and there are also some great options in the stores.  Don't worry I will tell you all about them. 

First, let's start off with a food list.  These foods are easy to find at any store and are light weight.  You can even make your own recipes with these foods instead of buying them at the store.

Food Ideas

Popcorn
Nuts
Beef Jerky
Celery w/ peanut butter
Trail mix (raisins, peanuts, dried fruit, etc)
Canned Tuna
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich (use gluten free bread)
Granola gluten-free
Chocolate
Marshmallows
Quinoa Cookies
Mountain House dried food (they have gluten free meals)

No comments:

Post a Comment